A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked, most often by a build-up of fat, cholesterol and other substances which
form a plaque in the arteries; the interrupted blood flow causes permanent damage to the part of the heart muscle affected.
What information should my client provide?
Your customer should complete the General medical disclosure fast track questionnaire
A detailed PMA report will be required from your clients GP.
1 in 4 people will die from heart diseases or stroke in Ireland.
Approximately 10,000 people in Ireland die each year from cardiovascular disease.
Source: www.irishheart.ie & www.ihda.ie
Likely Underwriting Acceptance:
Life Cover only
|Aged 45 - 49||
|Aged 50 - 59||
|Aged 60 - 69||
Points to note:
- Applications within 3 months of a heart attack will be postponed.
- We are unable to consider Specified Illness, Bill Cover or Income Protection for anyone with a history of a heart attack.
- Where a client has had a heart attack under aged 40, it is likely we will be unable to offer cover.
- Where a client has other conditions such as diabetes, stroke, circulatory problems or other heart problems such as valvular heart disease or cardiomyopathy all applications will be declined.
- Other factor's such as a recent diagnosis, smoking , height and weight ratio, hypertension and high cholesterol could have an adverse effect on the terms which we can offer.
Please note that likely acceptance terms are indicative only and cases are subject to full underwriting.